Berkeley MEng Class of 2024 Admitted Class Profile
- Estimated Class Size: 450
- Average GPA: 3.78
- Gender: 33% Female, 65.6% Male, 1.3% Other or declined to answer
- 48 Countries and regions represented
- Top undergraduate institutions represented: UC Berkeley, UC Davis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, UC Irvine, UCLA, UC San Diego
- Cohort by department:
- BioE: 15.5%
- CEE: 3.3%
- EECS: 19.6%
- IEOR: 20.2%
- ME: 31.5%
- MSE: 8.1%
- NE: 1.9%
* Data and figures as of March 2023
Awards and Recognitions
Recognition: Winner of Fast Company‘s 2017 Innovation by Design Awards.
Alumni: Chen Bao ME ’17 and Jorge Ruiz ME ’17
Capstone Project: Tabla is a low-cost, accurate device that uses sound waves to diagnose pneumonia.
my.Flow Smart Tampon
Recognition: Winner of Live Sharks Tank Startups Showcase (January 2016), Tech.Co Startup of the Year Innovate! Semifinalist (September 2016 )
Alumni: Amanda Brief IEOR ’15
Startup: my.Flow has created the world’s first tampon monitor (patent pending) to address the issues of period stigma, shame, anxiety, leakage, and risk of infection.
2014 Kellogg Biotech & Healthcare Case Competition
Recognition: Winner of 2014 Kellogg Biotech & Healthcare Case Competition
Alumni: Jennifer Wong BIOE ’14
Startup: This year’s case focused on a global health crisis and the team recommendations will be used by global health leaders to spark ideas and shape future efforts.