As staff of the Fung Institute, WE are committed to:
- Serve students first.We prioritize improving, enhancing, and supporting the student experience.
- Help each other succeed. We go the extra mile, proactively share information, and support each other with a bias to action. The success of one is the success of all.
- Have a growth mindset. We question the status quo, are open to new ideas, and seek innovative ways of working.
- Speaking-up. We actively contribute, ask for help, and voice what’s on our minds. We communicate why and how decisions are made.
- Inclusion.We seek diversity, create opportunities, and make space for everyone to be idea generators, problem solvers, and decision-makers.
- Accountability. We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards —as servants of students, the university, and the public.
- Remote Pedagogies & Technologies: To integrate remote pedagogy, guidelines, tutorials, resources, and support across FI programs, functions, and coursework; to successfully deliver instruction and learning remotely. Leads: Claire Trias, Walter Campbell
- Talent Development: To organize around employee welfare and satisfaction and how we can help each other, as staff, thrive at the Fung Institute. Leads: Dione Rivera, Hazel Palaski
- Partnerships: To develop a strategy for industry relations and to increase participation in our Industry Partnership Program (FIIPP) and industry capstone/FF projects. Lead: Julie McShane
- Program Development: To effectively and efficiently align institute-wide efforts; to evaluate and execute on new requests for institute involvement in creating new programs and activities; interpret and execute on the mission and vision; playground for new ideas. Lead: Adrienne Greer
- Academics: To coordinate academic opportunities; to discuss particular situations as they come up; to research pedagogy; to plan innovations and their execution. Leads: Alex Belieav, Beth Leven
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB): To hold the Fung Institute accountable in incorporating diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging values into the strategy, process, and culture at the institute. Leads: Ashley Villanueva, Jené Madison, Jennifer Mangold, Alex Beliaev, Walter Campbell
- Student Recruitment: To come up with goals or vision for an institute-wide student recruitment approach. Leads: Adrienne Greer, Yvette Vranik