John is an award-winning executive, educator, and consultant, who is passionate about influencing, building, and growing high-impact organizations that make powerful social contributions. For more than 25 years, John has advised, trained, and consulted for hundreds of leading organizations in industry, government, and philanthropy. During that time, he has also taught and held senior leadership positions at Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia Universities. In these roles, John has led numerous leadership and engineering programs, and spearheaded university partnerships with a wide range of organizations*.
Today, John speaks widely on topics of critical interest to executive and professional audiences and the general public—including on artificial intelligence and leadership.
John completed his graduate work at Harvard University, and his research and teaching has taken him to eight countries on four continents. A native Louisiana Cajun, today he resides with his wife and daughter in California. When not on the road, he enjoys exploring the state, volunteering for a variety of community organizations, and swimming with his US Masters teammates.
* Notable partners and organizations John has worked with:
- International and government: The United Nations, The White House, US State Department, US Congress, European Parliament, European Commission, The World Health Organization, UNICEF, NASA, NYPD
- Business and technology organizations: Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, Nike, LinkedIn, the NFL, Johnson & Johnson, Salesforce, National Geographic, the Miami Dolphins, NASCAR, Brooks Brothers, GoPro, Celebrity Cruises
- Education: MIT, UC Berkeley, Hong Kong University, University College London, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Brown University, The University of California, California State University, European University Institute, Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs), Stanford Accelerator for Learning, Columbia Teachers College, New York City Public Schools, San Francisco Public Schools, Washington DC Public Schools, Miami-Dade Public Schools, Office of the State Superintendent of Education (Washington, DC), National Educational Equity Lab
- Nonprofits and foundations: PBS, NPR, YMCA, United Way, Boys and Girls Club of America, The McGovern Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, The Asia Foundation, CZI, Harlem Children’s Zone, AI4All, American Friends Service Committee, US Conference of Bishops, Lutheran Refugee Services, National Conference for Community & Justice, Rotary International, Institute for Local Government, the KIPP Foundation, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, The Malone Foundation
- Think tanks: The Brookings Institution, Hoover Institution, The Atlantic Council