About the Fung Institute
The Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership, launched in January 2010, prepares engineers and scientists — from students to seasoned professionals — with the multidisciplinary skills to lead enterprises of all scales, in industry, government and the nonprofit sector. The Fung Institute is headquartered in UC Berkeley’s College of Engineering, which is recognized for its educational and research excellence and is consistently ranked among the top three Engineering colleges in the United States.
The Fung Institute offers educational programs that combine leadership coursework in technology innovation and management with intensive study in an area of technical specialization. This integrated knowledge cultivates leaders who can make insightful decisions with the confidence that comes from a synthesized understanding of technological, marketplace and operational implications.
This position reports to Lee Fleming, Faculty Director at the Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership and is primarily focused on marketing and advertising the research output of the National Science Foundation (NSF) Science of Science and Innovation Policy (SciSIP). The end outcome is to develop and maintain marketing analytics for a website that makes the 150+ NSF SciSIP grant-funded research projects accessible to policy leaders, scholars and the general public.
- 10 hours per week for 3-6 months.
- Human interest story telling. Story of SciSIP scientists and their scientific research, exploration of research: how it was done and why it is interesting. Help defend scientific federal funding!
- WordPress or related experience.
- Data collection. Tracks down all grant recipient work from the past 3-5 years. Participates in the data entry, and cleaning of collected data, using a prepared spreadsheet of NSF SciSIP research projects and contacts. Data collection involves working with individuals from diverse backgrounds. May require getting permission to post research from grant recipients.
- Uses analytics to understand current users of NSF SciSIP content and how to leverage data to grow audience. Develop and deliver social media and blog content in partnership with program staff to effectively engage users.
- Populates website, blog and social media channels with timely, relevant content
- Executes visibility and issues-based campaigns and continuously improve SEO
- Leads efforts to maintain strong digital performance metrics to track and optimize
- Assists with strategy, redesign and implementation of new website
- Maintains web metrics and spearhead reporting via Google Analytics
- Current UC Berkeley undergraduate.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude with a passion for making things happen.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent task management and problem-solving skills.
- A contagious passion for the ever-changing opportunities to make an impact through digital and interactive mediums.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of platforms like Google Analytics and SEO
- Ability to work proactively to resolve issues and bring tasks to completion, performing thorough research, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Strong organizational and task skills, with the ability to anticipate needs and prioritize accordingly
Compensation: Student Assistant III, depending on experience, $13.75 – 25.00 per hour. This is a 3-6 month grant-funded position.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume by Sunday, January 7, 2018 to Fung_NS.email@example.com