Application Fee Waiver
The Fung Institute is waiving the Master of Engineering (MEng) application fee for applicants who identify as:
- Current undergraduates and alumni of UC Berkeley
- Current undergraduates and alumni of a University of California or California State University institution and are considered a California resident for tuition purposes*
Process to Claim Application Fee Waiver:
Please complete and submit your application by Monday, January 8, 2024 deadline in order to have your application fee waived. This process will happen automatically, on or around the application deadline, based on the undergraduate university information listed in your application.
- Select credit card option, but do not pay
- Submit your application by the January 8 deadline, but do not pay
- That’s it! Your application will be credited for payment on or soon after January 8
As of Fall 2022, the GRE is not required for any applicants applying to BioE, CEE, EECS, ME, MSE, NE departments. The GRE is required for IEOR applicants; except for UC Berkeley current undergraduates and alumni applying to the IEOR department who earned their UC Berkeley bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA are not required to submit GRE scores with their application. Applicants can leave the GRE score blank or list a zero score. We strongly recommend the GRE for those who hold non-technical degrees or feel the scores would be a positive addition to their application.
The application waiver is available only to applicants who hold, or will hold, a bachelors degree or higher from one of the eligible universities noted above and meet eligibility at the planned time of enrollment. Visiting scholars and non-degree seeking students are not eligible.
*effective Fall 2023 for Fall 2024 admission
Questions related to these announcements or about the Berkeley MEng applications in general may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.