The Fung Institute career development team is excited to offer a new program called Bridges. Bridges enables students and recent alumni to apply for micro-projects, connecting their learning to real-world experiences and creating strong relationships. By participating in these short-term, real-world opportunities, students and recent grads can gain experience with guidance from our FI community, opening up new pathways for career and skill development.
This is one of the innovative ways we are helping current students and recent alumni find success and make connections in a wild job market, while also strengthening relationships within our community.
Propose a Micro-Project
Friends of Fung and alumni can participate by posting industry projects in the opportunity tab of FI Connect. In minutes, you can create short-term, virtual professional projects for students to apply for. They can be defined to have a meaningful impact in your organization or, alternatively, you can propose projects meant simply to provide students with valuable exposure to your career field or industry. With your guidance, these projects are valuable opportunities for current students and recent alumni to gain the critical, hands-on experience needed to explore their purpose, build their resume, and launch their careers.
- Short-term, virtual experiences: 20-80 hour commitment, intended to be neither too complex or time consuming for both sponsors and participants.
- Compensated: Either paid by stipend, or volunteer-based with the value being in the experiential learning experience.
- Concrete in goal: Developed with concrete goals that focus on soft skills or technical applications.
- Mentorship opportunities: Learning opportunities for students, supported through regular interaction with the sponsor, guided mentorship, and sponsor feedback on their progress.
- Examples: Market research for a specific industry, social media plan development, logo creation, website design and development, supply chain data analysis, and many more custom projects!
Please contact Julie McShane at email@example.com with any questions.
Apply for a Micro-Project
All students and recent alumni can apply for a micro-project through the opportunities tab on FI Connect. These are supplemental to the capstone program.
You must have an FI Connect account to apply for a project. It’s best to have your profile completed before applying. Some projects will also require a resume and additional documents, but each project description will clarify needed materials.