About the Fung Institute
The Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership at UC Berkeley is looking for 1 student illustrator to join our marketing team, which services the Berkeley MEng program and Fung Fellowship. We seek students with interest/passion in digital marketing and storytelling; team players who relish the challenge of helping us take our marketing efforts to the next level.
Fung Institute Marketing Internship Model:
We operate in an internship model, where we take your personal and professional growth seriously. You will be given as much responsibility as you can handle, as well as the support you need to grow. We’re looking for interns who resonate with our work culture: caring, positive, high performing, accountable and collaborative.
The Fung Institute team will also focus on each intern’s professional development goals, including working within teams, presentation skills, portfolio creation, interview support, and more. Past marketing interns have pursued marketing/communications-related positions at Nike, Twitter, Coursera, and Disney.
UC Berkeley Undergraduate Illustrator
- Strong illustrator and communicator. Able to depict unique, authentic stories and interesting people on a short turnaround
- Passionate about creating quality, meaningful content
- Accepts feedback and critiques with an open mind
- Capable of speaking up and asking clarifying questions. Proactive in scheduling meetings with and reaching out with needs for relevant team members
- Optimism and a creative outlook. A strong desire to learn and be a part of something special!
- Has a creative portfolio and/or writing sample to share
- Familiarity and comfortability documenting and sharing work through various platforms (i.e. Box, Google Drive, Slack)
- Berkeley undergraduate student, available throughout academic year (August-May)
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Ability to ask specific questions to breakdown scientific research into content the average person might understand
- Exceptional command of art: efficient and effective drawing and editing abilities
- Exceptional research, analytical, writing and editing skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Professional experience with social media accounts
- Experience and comfort with conducting interviews
Start date: Fall 2022*
End date: Spring 2023
Work will be assigned on a project-basis. Up to 40-60 hours per semester.
Positions available: 1
Compensation: Student Assistant III. Starting at $16.32 per hour depending on experience. Work study is a plus, but not required.
*Potential to start Summer 2022
**Will observe COVID-19 remote work plans as instructed by the campus
Thank you for your interest. Applications are currently closed.