About the Fung Institute
The Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership at UC Berkeley is looking for 2 undergraduate students to join our marketing team, which services the Berkeley MEng program and Fung Fellowship. We seek students with interest/passion in digital marketing and storytelling; team players who relish the challenge of helping us take our marketing efforts to the next level.
Fung Institute Marketing Internship Model:
We operate in an internship model, where we take your personal and professional growth seriously. You will be given as much responsibility as you can handle, as well as the support you need to grow. We’re looking for interns who resonate with our work culture: caring, positive, high performing, accountable and collaborative.
The Fung Institute team will also focus on each intern’s professional development goals, including working within teams, presentation skills, portfolio creation, interview support, and more. Past marketing interns have pursued marketing/communications-related positions at Nike, Twitter, Coursera, and Disney.
UC Berkeley Undergraduate Digital Marketing Intern
Shared Team Responsibilities:
All interns attend marketing team meetings with the expectation to lead on occasion. These are shared skill sets between the open intern positions: content creation, graphic design, social media marketing, email marketing, relationship management, analytics, and event marketing.
- Content Creation: Interviews and develops media about current students, alumni, staff, faculty, and industry partners and their respective projects
- Graphic Design: Designs digital assets like flyers, email headers, and brochures to represent our programs and events.
- Social Media Marketing: Helps develop and execute our marketing and social media strategies. Manages and grows our current marketing channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Medium. Uses social media analytics to hone campaigns for efficacy; set up metrics for each channel, monitor, and keep team latest social media trends and innovations
- Email Marketing: Creates, manages, and monitors performance of email campaigns via platforms like Mailchimp and Slate
- Relationship Management: Finds creative ways to engage our audience—spark conversations and develop relationships with campus and industry partners. Manages on-campus club relationships with engineering clubs and organizations
- Analytics: Maintains social media and web metrics; spearhead reporting via Google Analytics. Monitors for trends and areas for growth on our communications channels .
- Event Marketing: Assists at Fung Institute events as needed (e.g., Eventbrite, social media posting, photo/video, and registration)
- Berkeley undergraduate student, available throughout academic year (August-May)
- Independent worker with ability to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional command of English: efficient and effective writing and editing abilities
- Strong analytical ability: Delves into analytics to improve processes; willingness to learn and research solutions independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent self-starter, with strong task management and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills & ability to appropriately represent the Fung Institute when reaching out to alumni or industry partners
- Professional experience managing social media accounts
- Experience in Google Analytics
- Experience in WordPress or other web CMS
- Experience with email strategy or content management system platforms
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Expertise in photography, videography, and/or illustration
Start date: Fall 2022
End date: Spring 2023
Schedule: 10 hours per week, available throughout academic year (August-May)
Positions available: 2
*Potential to start Summer 2022
**Will observe COVID-19 remote work plans as instructed by the campus
Compensation: Student Assistant III. Starting at $16.32 per hour depending on experience. Work study is a plus, but not required.
Thank you for your interest. Applications are currently closed.