About the Fung Institute
The Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership, launched in January 2010, prepares engineers and scientists — from students to seasoned professionals — with the multidisciplinary skills to lead enterprises of all scales, in industry, government and the nonprofit sector. The Fung Institute is headquartered in UC Berkeley’s College of Engineering, which is recognized for its educational and research excellence and is consistently ranked among the top three Engineering colleges in the United States.
The Fung Institute offers educational programs that combine leadership coursework in technology innovation and management with intensive study in an area of technical specialization. This integrated knowledge cultivates leaders who can make insightful decisions with the confidence that comes from a synthesized understanding of technological, marketplace and operational implications.
The Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership is looking for two exceptional undergraduate student to join our marketing team. We seek students with real interest in social media and marketing; team players who relish the challenge of helping us take our marketing efforts to the next level.
We operate in an internship model, where we take your personal and professional growth seriously. You will be given as much responsibility as you can handle, as well as the support you need to grow. Our work culture is caring, positive, high performing, accountable and collaborative, and we’re looking for that in our interns.
These are shared skill sets between the open intern positions: email marketing, social media marketing, copywriting, analytics, graphic design, videography, and photography. In your cover letter, please rank them in terms of your current skill level and interests.
Shared Team Responsibilities:
- Content Creation: Investigates, interviews, and develops media about current students, alumni, staff, faculty, and industry partners
- Social Media Marketing: Helps develop and execute our marketing and social media strategies. Manages and grows our current marketing channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium. Uses social media analytics to hone campaigns for efficacy; set up metrics for each channel, monitor, and keep team latest social media trends and innovations
- Email Marketing: Creates, manages, and monitors performance of email campaigns via Hubspot
- Relationship Management: Finds creative ways to engage our audience—spark conversations and develop relationships with campus and industry partners. Manages on-campus club relationships with engineering clubs and organizations
- Website and Analytics: Maintains web metrics and spearhead reporting via Google Analytics. Monitors for trends and areas for growth on our website
- Attends weekly marketing team meetings with the expectation to lead on occasion
- Assists at Fung Institute events as needed
- UC Berkeley undergraduate student, available throughout academic year (Sept-May)
- Exceptional command of English: efficient and effective writing and editing abilities
- Strong analytical ability: Delves into analytics to improve processes; willingness to learn and research solutions independently
- Creativity: Finds creative ways to engage specific audiences
- Independent worker with ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent task management and problem-solving skills.
- Professional experience with social media accounts
- Google Analytics experience
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop expertise
- WordPress.org experience
- Photography and/or videography expertise
- Experience with email strategy or content management system platforms
- Required training with current interns during Spring 2018, 10-15 hours total (paid)
- 10 hours per week, beginning Fall 2018
- Potential to begin work Summer 2018
Compensation: Student Assistant III, depending on experience, $13.75-25.00 per hour.
How to Apply: Please submit a single PDF document including your cover letter and resume to Fung_Mk.email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Monday, March 5, 2018.