We’re so excited to announce our all-star team of student leaders from this year’s M.Eng. class! Their first contribution was the development of a code of professionalism, which the entire cohort contributed to during Boot Camp.
As members of the Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership at the University of California, Berkeley, Master of Engineering students are expected to display the highest level of professionalism and intellectual curiosity that suits both the current academic and industrial environment. To correspond to ambitions of future leaders, Master of Engineering students shall embrace the values of integrity, honesty, and strive to achieve excellence in technical and management skills.
- An M.Eng student shall abide by the UC Berkeley code of student conduct and academic honesty
- An M.Eng student shall take responsibility for his/her actions, regardless of the consequences
- An M.Eng student shall be considerate of different opinions, cultures and values
- An M.Eng. student Establishes a transparent environment through concise and clear communication
- An M.Eng student Promotes appropriate conversations which help advance students individual and collective growth
- An M.Eng. student Encourages information to be shared at a reasonable time and manner to all parties involved
- An M.Eng. student shall develop and maintain the highest level of respect to the Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership staff as they seek to develop and promote our success
C. Academic Behavior
- An M.Eng. student shall strive to create an environment that is conducive of learning.
- An M.Eng. student shall remain invested in the development of his/her respective field of study and dedicate this knowledge to the protection of public health, safety, and welfare.
D. Capstone and Group Projects
- An M.Eng. student shall remain proactive in his/her initaitives by actively participating and listening for improvements in their projects
- An M.Eng. student shall always maintain an impartial global vision of the project and uphold public welfare as a paramount goal.
- An M.Eng. student shall be farsighted and manage difficulties through methodical organization, tracking and supporting of the work.